KE1092 Low Temperature Cure Epoxy
KE1092 is a high performance, high reliability, structural bonding one-component epoxy that can cure at low process temperatures. KRYLEX® epoxy technology products are currently being developed to address a wide range of high-performance applications.
The Hybrid family of products, knowns as KD7000 series is hybrid adhesive that utilizes the Chemence® patented KURA-LOW technology. KURA-LOW enables heat curing at low temperatures which is important when using heat sensitive substrates e.g., LCP/ PC/ Anodized Al/ OLED panels.
- KE1092 has proven material performance when bonding dis-similar substrates e.g., PC-SUS
- High adhesion to dis-similar substrates
- Reliability performance
- Temperature cycling
- Damp Heat, 85:85
Applications: Structural bonding of smart phone, smart watch, tablets, earbuds, mobile accessories, camera module assemblies, smart cards, automotive electronic assembly
- Structural assembly of enclosures.
- Image sensor bonding.
- Smart cards die attach.
- Board level component attach (non-conductive) e.g., fence bonding, magnets, et.
- Sealing and encapsulation of components.
KE1092 At A Glance
Low Temp Cure (70°C), Bonds To Difficult To Bond Substrates, General Purpose Bonder
SHORE D HARDNESS
SHEER STRENGTH PC – PC
SHEER STRENGTH SUS – SUS
GLASS TRANSITION DSC 10◦C/min
KE1092 has PC 20% GF to SUS. Balanced Adhesion to metal and plastic
KE1092 has a fast 60 minute cure time at 700degree C.
LOW TEMPERATURE CURE
KE1092 cures at temperatures as low as 700degree C.
KRYLEX® KE1092 Benefits:
KE1092 Low temperature curing epoxy would compete in structural electronic bonding applications with Anhydride based curing products. These products are very moisture sensitive and can have dispense problems.
KE1092 is superior in several ways:
- Excellent balanced adhesion to metals and plastics for increased bond joint reliability.
- Short process times and low temperatures (80◦C cure capable)
- Excellent dispense performance
- ROHS/ TSCA compliant.