KU5165 Low Extractible UV Adhesive for CGM Assembly
KRYLEX® KU5160 Series products are formulated for applications where the assembled device will spend extended periods on or close to the human body and is required to meet industry biocompatibility standards e.g. 10993-5. The benefits of the products include:
- Low extractable (CH3OH and Saline)
- IBOA and DMA free
- Low irritant and excellent safety profile
- Cures quickly upon exposure to UV/LED
- Good adhesion to plastic/polyimide
- Good water resistance
- Optimized viscosity profile for dispensing
- Offer stable adhesive performance in different reliability test conditions
Most importantly, KU5165 has virtually no detectable extractables in GC-MS testing.
Applications: Continuous Glucose Monitors, Insulin Pumps, VR Head Sets and Other Wearable Technology.
KU5165 At A Glance
Low Extractable Content, ISO-10993-5, IBOA/DMA Free
SHEAR STRENGTH 1” PC – PC OLS MPa
SHEAR STRENGTH 1” PC – KAPTON OLS MPa
KU5165 Ultra Low Detectable Levels of Extractable Material (ppm)
*Test Mehtod: 1g of the adhesive is weighed on a clean glass slide. It is then sandwiched with another piece of clean glass slide and the pair is then cured under 405 LED for a total UV dosage of 50J. Sample is let to stand at RT for 30 minutes and then dipped in 25 mL HPLC grade Methanol. Samples were immersed in Methanol at RT for 24 hours. Extracted media submitted to GC-MS and HPLC analysis. Based on GC and HPLC run on different lots, PI is not detected in any of the samples.
Grade 0 ISO 10993-5 Score
KU5165 has a score of zero in ISO10993-5 cytotoxicity testing. The product showed no reactivity in culture testing. Acceptable scores in other products are as high as two.
Biocompatible / Irritant Free
KU5165 formulation is Isobornyl acrylate (IBOA) and Dimethylacrylamide (DMA or DMAc) free.
BONDS TO DIFFICULT SUBSTRATES
KU5165 offers good adhesion to both Polycarbonate (plastics) and Kapton (polyimide). It also has stable adhesive performance in different reliability test conditions.
KRYLEX® KU5165 Benefits:
KU5165 is fast UV Cure adhesives with an excellent usage safety profile with very low extractable trace ionics after cure. The benefits of this product include:
- Low extractable/low irritant/no skin sensitizer
- fluorescent UV adhesive
- UV cure at 365-405nm LED, ~5J
- Good adhesion to Plastics/Polyimide/li>
- Good water resistance
- High thixotropy for optimum dispensability
- Superior aging performance in thermocycling, water cycling testing.